Wednesday, October 11, 2006

My Home Decorating

We have lived in this turn of century Victorian for almost 3 yrs now. Recently I have finally started to redecorate and make the decore reflect my own tastes. The decor inside was either extremely bland with white walls or crazy busy wall paper. I swear with old homes you forever are working on them. We in the past 3 yrs, had to repaint the exterior, re-roof and even replace the sidewalk..yes the sidewalk. It is more work that we anticipated, but we love this house and focus that we will have years to enjoy all this hard work and money spent. I am not completely done with these rooms but you get the idea. I am trying to finish these rooms off a bit more and then move onto other rooms...

Follow the link....
http://photobucket.com/practice.php?id=2r4et

3 comments:

angie.a said...

Beautiful old house!!! I love all the woodwork. Very nice re-do started too ;) The muted colors & patterns suit the architecture very well. Can't wait to see more!

Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Noreen and have come across your blogg through your auction's on eBay. I'm always looking for different things for my 2 year old granddaughter. Your very talented with your designs and Your house is just beautiful. It fit's you and the family perfectly! Love the dog! We have a 4.. maybe 5lb. toy poodle! I can't even imagine having a dog that big. Even though,I'm always saying at this time I do swear no more dogs, but I know some day I'd like to have a bigger dog again. : ) I live in Chicago. I was wondering what kind of tree is that in your back or front yard? It looks like something out of a fairy tale. It's wonderful! Love all your pic's and have a great thanksgiving!
Noreen

Mamapatrice said...

Hi Noreen!

Thank you so much..you are so very sweet! You dog sounds adorabe! My dog's best friends is the next door neighbor's pug. It is so adorable watching them play together.

I think the tree you are refering to are the knarled and twisted tree in some of my photos. Some of my auction photos I do in my yard, we have a huge maple, but the twisted low branch ones are across the street. I can not remeber what they are, I will have to ask my neighbor again...they are very old and rare. I will post some photos I have taken just of them and I have them in display in my foyer hallway. I just love those trees.

Thanks again!
Patrice